Contact lenses provide an alternative to spectacles for most people who require optical correction. An aesthetically pleasing solution to vision correction, contact lenses give you the freedom and convenience to live your life your way.
You can wear contact lenses every day or you may prefer to wear them only occasionally for special events.
Recent advances in contact lens designs and materials mean that there are now very few prescriptions which cannot be corrected by contact lenses. For example, it is now possible to have bifocal or multifocal lenses!
The following is a brief summary of current lens types available from iSyte Optometrists:
Soft Contact Lenses
- Daily Disposable Lenses. The ultimate in convenience with no cleaning required. They are ideal for sports and occasional use – simply wear once, and then disposed of.
- Fortnightly/ Monthly Lenses. These lenses are available in a wide range of designs and provide an economical choice of contact lens wear.
- Extended Wear Lenses. Convenient contact lenses that you can sleep in for up to 29 nights. They allow greater oxygen transmission to the eye, promoting a healthy eye.
- Coloured Disposable Lenses. Now your eyes can be the colour you have always wished for – even if your vision is perfect. Available in daily, fortnightly & monthly disposables, with or without a corrective prescription.
- Conventional Lenses. These may be recommended where a disposable contact lens is not available for your exact eye shape. They last one to two years and require strict cleaning and disinfection.
Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Contact Lenses
- RGP lenses may provide the best optical solution for high prescription correction, especially if full-time wear is desired.
Contact us today to arrange your FREE Contact Lens Trial